Privacy Statement: For NECA Website Users
NECA take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Statement explains how we will process any personal data collected from you or that you provide to us. Reference to “Privacy” on this page are specifically with regards to your “internet privacy” when accessing our websites
This website may contain links to other websites. This privacy statement does not apply to other such web sites, nor are NECA responsible for the content and practices of other such websites.
NECA will use any personal information collected from this website in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Depending on the purpose for which you are providing your personal data, for the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller will be NECA. For further details regarding such legislation see www.ico.org.uk
By using our website www.neca.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This Privacy Statement is effective from 25th May 2018 and should be read in conjunction with NECA’s Website Terms and Conditions; located at http://neca.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
What information may be collected and why?
NECA may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information acquired/provided through our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our services, personalising the Website with your preferences, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
- Providing CVs or other information about yourself for specific purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may analyse statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, this does not identify any individual.
How we use your data
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- to update and enhance our records
- to ensure the content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your data as undertaken by us
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your data
IRC (chatrooms), Message boards and forums
Access to information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data per GDPR or have any other related queries, please email email@example.com. Your request will then be dealt with by NECA’s Data Protection Officer.
You can download a Subject Access Request Form if you click here.
Information for service users
Information for Recruitment Candidates
To download the NECA Recruitment Privacy Statement click here.